In this study two different physiotherapy treatments, aimed at improving walking, are compared. The aim of the research is to find out which training gives the best results.
The two physiotherapy treatments we are looking at in this study are the endurance and strength training and the GRAIL training. The endurance and strength training consists of various exercises on a treadmill and fitness equipment. The GRAIL training consists of various interactive exercises on a treadmill in a virtual environment. Forty people with an incomplete spinal cord injury will receive both the endurance and strength training as the GRAIL training. The research is in collaboration with UMC Groningen, started in August 2019 and will end in October 2021.
Within this project we cooperate with:
- Hennie Rijken, physical therapist spinal cord injury Sint Maartenskliniek
- Patrick Koomen, physical therapist spinal cord injury Sint Maartenskliniek
- Ellen Moons, physical therapist spinal cord injury Sint Maartenskliniek
- Marije Vos, rehabilitation physician
- Juha Hijmans, assosciate professor UMCG centrum voor revalidatie Beatrixoord
- Hiltje Venema, fysiotherapeut UMCG centrum voor revalidatie Beatrixoord